After successful install can't login as admin

I have successfully installed the latest version of FileCloud on a fresh CentOS 7 VPS; however, I’m unable to log in as admin. I get to the admin screen, input the default “admin” and “password” credentials. I see the loading dialog box with the actual FileCloud admin desktop grayed out in the background. After a second or two, without landing me in the admin section, it reverts to the admin login screen wanting the admin user name and password.

I looked through this forum for an answer, and unfortunately, I seem to be the only one with this problem. Google even let me down. The install was performed through the provided script, and it seemed to go perfectly. I’m at a loss. Can anyone help me out?

FOLLOW-UP - I have been able to log in to both the admin and user accounts using Linux and Firefox only. Using Chrome will not work in Linux. Also, using any browser in Windows 10 will not work for me. Also, I disabled all unnecessary processes in Windows, and applications, and still no love. I did see an error flash by very quickly about not finding RSS or something like that, but that was it. This one has me scratching my head. Thanks everyone.

@mroth2171

Thanks for posting.

Can you please share us the server logs from /var/www/html/scratch/logs/

I would love to do that but when I went to retrieve them, there weren’t any files in the folder. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but I’ll assume that’s good.

Update #2 - I have found that if I make an attempt to connect in any browser within Windows 10 using a comercial VPN, I CAN log into the user section as well as the admin section without issues. Therefore, I suspect that the problem is on my end, although I’m not sure where to start looking. Any ideas?

Anyway, thank you for responding so quickly. I’ll start evaluating my router settings out and back. If you and other readers are interested, I’ll post my findings. Thanks again.

@mroth2171

Thanks for posting.

Can you please navigate to Admin portal from your commercial VPN and then navigate to Settings >> Misc >> General >> Disable IP Check, check this option and save it. Try again from your side.