Updating to 20.1.0.7994

I’ve got FileCloud installed in a Docker container. I found out that there is a new update. I’m on 19.3.0.6180 and I’m trying to update to 20.1.0.7994.

I can’t update in the admin panel.

I’ve pulled a new image and re-deployed the container. I deleted the container and re-installed the container. I’ve updated my OS (OpenMediaVault) with the most recent updates.

EVERYTHING on my system is up-to-date, but FileCloud will NOT update for some reason.

I found an update script, but that seemed to be for FileCloud NOT installed in Docker.

How do I update FileCloud in Docker?

I tried submitting a support ticket, but was told that I would have to post in the community forums to get an answer. What’s the point of a support ticket system if the default answer is “go post in the forums”?

@dbtech

Thanks for posting.

The docker image is not updated to 20.1 and this is why you are not able to upgrade. This will be upgraded soon.

Please note that to run FileCloud, use one of the following supported operating systems:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit, Windows 2012 64 bit (& R2), Windows Server 2016
  • Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (from FileCloud release v15 onwards)
  • CentOS 7.0 onwards
  • RHEL 7.0 onwards

In the future, there can occur some issues which will be difficult to troubleshoot with Open Media Vault. So we recommend one of the above mentioned OS’s.

As mentioned in the support ticket, the support system is dedicated for FileCloud Standard and Enterprise license, unfortunately, support for Community Edition is available only via our forums.

Thanks for the update.

Something to note about OpenMediaVault, it built on Debian:

OpenMediaVault ( OMV ) is a free Linux distribution designed for network-attached storage (NAS). The project’s lead developer is Volker Theile, who instituted it in 2009. OMV is based on the Debian operating system, and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.

Also, Ubuntu is based on Debian:

Ubuntu is a computer operating system based on the Debian Linux distribution and distributed as free and open source software, using its own desktop environment. It is named after the Southern African philosophy of ubuntu (“humanity towards others”).

So, I’m not sure why there would be compatibility issue.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

@dbtech

Thank you for the update.

We will notify this to our team :slight_smile: